What is an Apprenticeship Training Agency?
CONEL’s Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) makes it easy for you to take on an apprentice. We employ the apprentice on your behalf, taking on all of the HR and performance management responsibilities, so you can benefit from having great new talent in your team without taking on an additional workload of administration.
The ATA model enables employers to take an apprentice who would otherwise not be able to do this directly. This could be because the employer is not able to commit to employment for the period of the full framework, or has short term restrictions on employee numbers.
To overcome these barriers, we employ the apprentice on your behalf, working with you to understand your requirements, agree the apprentice’s role and select the most appropriate framework for the apprentice to follow.
Supporting you at every step
The ATA is open to all employers and the apprentices we take on are of all ages.
As part of the ATA the services we offer to employers are to:
• Help you identify where an apprentice would bring the most value to your organisation
• Shortlist and interview the best applicants for your job role
• Help you access funding to cover, or contribute to, training costs.
• Identity the best local training provision
• Provide all HR services for the apprentice and deal with any performance management issues that may arise
• Closely monitor the apprentice’s journey to check that proper progression is being made
• Provide a single point of contact for throughout the period of the apprenticeship
If circumstances change and you are unable to retain the apprentice, we will do all we can to find alternative employment for the apprentice so they can continue with their apprenticeship.
The Benefits of taking on an apprentice
Organisations of all sizes benefit from apprenticeships. Studies by the British Chambers of Commerce and the Centre for Economic and Business Research found apprentice employers reporting the following benefits:
• Greater productivity - 81% of apprentice employers say they make their businesses more productive. The average apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week
• Increased employee satisfaction - 88% of apprentice employers believe they lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce, leading to greater loyalty and quality
• Attractive to customers - 81% of consumers favour companies that employ apprentices
• Reduced staff turnover - 80% of employers feel that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover
• Lower recruitment costs - 75% of apprentice employers say the programme has helped cut recruitment costs. 80% say that apprenticeships will play a bigger part in their future recruitment policy
• Building skills - 82% of employers take on apprentices to build the skills capacity within their businesses.